About CODE Framework
CODE Framework is a free open-source business application development framework from the makers of CODE Magazine, Markus Egger, and CODE Consulting. It can be downloaded free or installed through the Visual Studio Extensions Manager. CODE Framework consists of various components and tools that help developers with common aspects of business application development, such as simplified SOA development with various clients, WPF development, data access, and much more. The main focus of this framework is to enable productive, flexible, and highly maintainable business application development for professional software developers.
.NET Classic, .NET Standard, .NET Core
CODE Framework consists of a list of "sub-frameworks". The original CODE Framework was based on classic "full" .NET. This version of the framework is still popular and in use today, especially for development of sophisticated Windows Desktop Applications. In addition, CODE Framework also has components and versions aiming at .NET Standard and .NET Core. Those are especially important for the development of services and scenarios such as hosting Micro-Services in Docker on Linux (among others).
Unleash the Power of real Windows Desktop Applications!
Build Apps that look like MS Office!
Visual Studio Themed Apps
Black Application Theme ("Vapor")
Advanced Text Layout &Document Features
Classic Windows 95 Style Apps
Windows 8 Style Apps ("Metro") on all versions of Windows!
- Advanced WPF MVVM/MVC Framework
- Built-in, Extensible Theming Engine
- Ships with a variety of standard Themes
- Optionally supports Advanced Styled Layout
- Advanced Text and Document Features
- Focus on architecture and maintainability
- Lots of Custom Controls
- Can be integrated with many other WPF Libraries
- Fully Extensible
- Pick and choose the features you want
- Build Apps that look good out of the gate!
Fast, Simple, and Reusable Services and Micro-Services!
- Build Services as standard .NET Objects
- Host your services using different standards (REST, SOAP, binary TCP/IP,...)
- Host your services in different environments (Docker, WebApi, WCF,...)
- Host in Windows and on Linux
- Architected for long-term maintainability
- Easy to develop, try, and test
- Easy to call from the client
- Highly automated Docker deployments
- Architected for the Cloud